Monday, March 7, 2011

down

I'm feeling down.
Not sure why.
The waste of time workshop I went to all day today didn't help.  I had a fun time in the van on the way up with my friends, and on the way back. 
But, for some reason, I'm in a funk.
My kids are fighting a lot lately.
Most of Gracie's attitude stems from a particular person in her class who is bullying her to be friends with her.  Yeah, so last time I learned how to make friends, it wasn't by forcing it.  
So that's been hard.  Because she feels torn.  She wants to do the right thing, but she's tired of this person bringing her down.  All Gracie wants to do is focus on her best friend, Tessa.  They ARE inseperable.
You won't believe this, but I forgot Jada AGAIN at preschool.  And where was I at 3:30- when I was supposed to be picking her up?  I was leaving that worthless workshop in Emporia.  Chad had a meeting he did not want to miss.  But, he had to leave when preschool called and asked if Jada had a ride home today.  It's going to take a lot of pleading for forgiveness, and maybe some cookies to Ms. Mari on this one.  
I'm dreading spring break.  
Chad will be gone for the last half of the month.
But, I've decided I'm taking the kids to Omaha the first part of our spring break. Chad's family cheered me up when they talked about taking time off when we're there.  But, afterward, my slump came back.  
I feel like a loser mom today.
I feel like a horse lately- even though two people (two of my most favorite people) commented on how I look "smaller."  Wow, not sure how I deserved those comments.  But, they did cheer me up for a second or two.  
I'm afraid of my house when I'm the only adult in it.  
I'm not talking about a little scared- but I'm talking about how I talk myself into hearing noises, and seeing things that aren't there.  I'm ready to move.  Maybe to Australia (name that book.)
Hopefully this mood will go away by tomorrow.  It's my birthday tomorrow after all.  And who wants to feel like this when they turn 34? 

5 comments:

rentz said...

I get you. I've been feeling funky lately too. Let's blame it on the weather. :)

Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Love that book!

Oh, and I always think you look adorable. Really!

Anonymous said...

I get it too. I hope you feel better tomorrow for your birthday! Missed you at school today! And I really get the afraid part, too. When my husband is gone I completely freak sometimes. Won't turn the lights out when I go to bed, etc. I usually can get myself over it, but I completely understand!

Amy said...

Maybe my funk has rubbed off on you. I think it's a pre-Spring Break funk. Pretty sure I go through it every year. Sorry today was a waste. I have a funny story to tell you, though. Remind me. Glad you decided about Omaha. You are a good daughter in law. Maybe they'll even kick you out for a little me time or something. :) Gina's right. You do look adorable. Always. (And I always think you seem small) :) Just remember... some days are like that... even in Australia.

And that is my most random comment ever.

Amanda said...

Boo. I hope you are having a MUCH better day today. "Down days" stink. I used to get freaked out in the house in Emporia if I was alone..seriously..so bad one time that I called my room mate while she was out on a Saturday night and made her come home b/c I was near tears. lol I'm also SO glad you're coming to visit b/c I miss you and the kiddo's and can't wait to see you!! Happy Birthday!! <3

Danielle said...

Hey sweetness, I hope today is better than yesterday. After all, it is your birthday! I totally get the funk thing. Been there, lived there, don't like it there.

How about if all us funky moms get together and do something fun to cheer on spring?!

Love you lots and lots and lots!