Wednesday, March 16, 2011

comfort

It's been a week since I heard a man tell the DJ on KLOVE that he was to the point of (almost) no return.  He was standing on a bridge in California last Wednesday, when he heard God's voice tell him to get off the bridge.  He was amazed at how, throughout the day, God sent him messages that he was worth saving.  Messages through songs on the radio, friends who happened to call and check on him.  Small miracles like this. 

I've thought about this man, and how he sobbed his story over the radio.  I thought about how I sobbed when I heard it, and then two hours later heard the DJ's talk about all the phone calls that came pouring in trying to encourage this man.

We don't know each others' thoughts- no matter how close we are to a person.  But, God does.  He knows the number of hairs on your head.  He knows your every thought, your every need, and your every plead.  God can lift you up, and comfort you.  

All you have to do is say one word-

Help.

Go to God tonight.  Talk to Him.  Have Him talk back to you- just like this man did.  He's ready.  God says YOU are worth saving. 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Good words. I always try to remind myself that each person we talk to during the day has her own set of struggles she's facing. and to treat her the way God would treat her. Easier some days than others.

Love you!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I was listening that day too! Amazing.