Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cool Like That

Your child might have one of these...

Your child might even have one of these...
 But, does YOUR child have one of THESE!?!?
 Our oldest Childs begged and begged for one of these library cards.  She saw on Arthur that in order to get one of these gems, you have to be able to write your full name.  And it just so happens that she's been doing that for quite a while.  How DARE Arthur keep this secret from her for so long!


So, I caved.  
Not a big deal, right?

Wow.

You would have thought I told her we were moving across the street from Chuck E. Cheese!  She stood beside me so proud while I filled out the paper work.  Then, she set right to work on finding some Babysitter's Club books she hasn't read yet. (Remember those!?  I used to read those!  Ahem... not in 2nd grade though.)  She gathered her books, stood in line again, presented the card, and VWA-LAA...
BOOKS!  
In HER name!
Struttin' her stuff, she comes up to me~
"Mom, I'll be in there reading my new books."
(pointing to the enclosed bookcase with comfy pillows to lay back on- perfect for diving into a good book.)
Aw... my oldest daughter.
She's cool like that.

6 comments:

Deb said...

This is the BEST! :)

Love you - Mom said...

I love this....that's my Gracie! You had your own library card too...but that was in high school!! So you can tell Gracie you were "really cool" too! :)

Danielle said...

I wonder if that is an oldest child thing to do. That's my Hannah! Even at 13, she's still very proud of her library card.

Jessica said...

If there is any doubt, I can certainly tell Gracie how "really cool" you were! I loved the Babysitters Club! Our neighbors gave my girls a few of them and I have to admit I've opened one up to take a peak! :)

Megan said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! How wonderful! :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

My girl loves those books!