Friday, February 25, 2011

my ring... for now...

My wedding ring.
I've had this ring for 9 years.
But, Jody, you say, you've been married for 11!
How can that be? 

I lost my first set.
On accident.


Chad decided I had been through enough that summer (miscarriage, lost my ring, wisdom teeth removed, and moved to teaching 5th grade 6 days before school started), he'd buy me a new one.  
He's the best.


So that was 9 years ago.


A week and half ago I was putting my big whiteboard in my classroom off to the side, and bumped my ring up against a tall cabinet.  I guess it was hard enough that the next thing I knew my diamond was flying through the air and bounced off a shelf in front of me.  It landed on the tray of the whiteboard and sat there.  It took me a minute to believe that:

a).  my solitaire had busted out of my ring
b). it landed right in front of me!

Can you imagine how awful I would have felt if I'd have had to tell Chad I needed a NEW diamond?!?!  whew!

I was so shocked that I turned around with the diamond and the rest of the ring in my hand, and told my class about what had just happened.  A parent told me the next day about how her son told her he thought I was really upset, and that I must have been holding back from crying!  cute.  
I would have been if I lost my diamond!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yea!!! It's so beautiful - so glad you found the diamond. Abi told me about your ring that evening. SHE was upset for you. Funny how kids respond to that stuff.

jami said...

I hit mine all the time and am so afraid of that! So glad you have the diamond! We eat pizza a lot too and also with ranch...yummy!