Monday, February 14, 2011

Be Nice

So, in high school I hated school.
Didn't like the drama.
The preferences teachers gave.
The fights in the halls.
The drama.

And then, I went to college.
Wasn't there drama?
Sure.  But, it was different.
I learned to love school.
It's probably that love of learning that keeps my attention on Sunday mornings.  I want to learn something.  I want to hear something that I can apply to my life. 


This last Sunday was no different.
Here are some notes I wrote down from Pastor Jon's sermon.  
They're good words for a day like today- 
VALENTINE'S DAY.
A day to care for people and show love.


*Don't tell me what you believe- 
show me what you practice.
*Jesus would go out of his way to  
reach people
it was his "main thing."
*We must take initiative and go to people- 
not make them come to us.
*Jesus was willing to look passed people's 
faults and see their needs-
acceptance
love
comfort
forgiveness

This Valentine's Day I'm thinking about seeing people's needs and not writing them off for their faults.  I have faults.  I fail daily.  But, I wouldn't want someone to do that to me.  


happy valentine's day
everybody!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so thankful you can see past my faults and Abi's failures. You are such a blessing to both of us. I love you!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I don't love it when you post things that hit me square between the eyes. But at the same time, I do love it.

You know?
You're awesome.

Megan said...

I especially love that first line. Thanks for sharing!