Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You know you're a Kansas girl when...

You know you're a Kansas girl when...
*you drive back into flat land and you immediately exhale.
*you look out the window at the wheat fields and can't help but to smile a really huge smile.
 You know you're a Kansas girl when...
*you take a picture of it while driving home just so your blog friends (and other friends) can see your world on your blog.
*you time your travels around wheat harvest


 I took the kids out to the field yesterday.
They didn't get much time (maybe an hour), 
but it satisfied our craving for combines and tractors.

 I sent Trey and Gracie up the ladder to ride with
Papa in the tractor that was pulling the grain cart.
First time for Trey.
He looked at me and put his hand out like, 
"Come get me, Mama."
I waved a big GOODBYE, and turned around.
And they were off.
And that's all the pictures I got of this year's harvest.

So, we got our fix.
Just in time!  
They finished harvest yesterday!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Love it! I'm such a KS girl. :)

Kara Janzen said...

Oh, I MISS KS harvests!

Jessica said...

You are totally a Kansas girl! I'm glad you made it back for harvest!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

YAY! I'm a MO girl, but I'm so happy to know you KS girls. :)