Saturday, June 18, 2011

How to...

How to make a sleepover cake:
1.  Use cake mix.  Bake cake.
2.  Frost the cake with one color.
3.  Twinkies- cut in half.  Lay on top of the cake..
(Twinkies are the "bodies" under the blanket.)
4.  Frost with another color for the "blanket."
Just 3/4th the width of the cake.
 5. Smash down a marshmallow for the "pillows."
 6. Decorate Vanilla Wafers with icing to look
like a face, and lay on top of the marshmallows
in front of the Twinkie bumps.
 7. Use sprinkles to decorate the blanket.
8. Ta-da!  Sleepover cake.
From left to right:
Tessa, Gracie, Claire, Sophie, and Jada

Pretty good look-alikes, don't you think?

9 comments:

Toni said...

that is the coolest cake eveer!!!!

Amy said...

I heard all about this cute cake! Very creative!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

You are the coolest mom ever!!

Chad and Jody said...

Thanks ladies! It was fun to make! Toni, do you have a blog? I stalked you (he he he) and didn't find one. Thanks for visiting mine!

The Boccias said...

That is CUTE, Jodi!

The Boccias said...

Sorry, JodY. :)

rentz said...

Cute idea! I doubt I'll get Brookie to go for that one anymore though!

Danielle said...

So cute and creative! I love it!

Toni said...

I do blog(i love blogging)..send me your email address on FB and I will send you an invite to it....