Monday, June 13, 2011

Minnesota girls

Jessica has been my childhood best friend for 21 years.  
That sounds weird.
21 years is a long time.

And now our own children are friends.
Long distance friends.
 They play together well.
And they definitely do "girls night" together well.
Thank you, Mike, for watching the 5 girls while Jess and I went out for our own movie night!
Every time Jess and I get together, we run down memory lane... because our memories are HILARIOUS!  In fact, Emily (Jess's oldest daughter) kept staring at me and finally said, "You're right, Mom.  She is a good friend because she makes you laugh so much!"


And now, Jess has really outdone herself.
She's created Trey's future wifey.
Madelyn.


 She's so sweet.
And cuddly.
Her bum sticks out only like a two month old can.
and she gives the cutest looks.


My favorite memory from this trip has to be the night I told my girls to take a bath.  Jess told her girls they could take one the next day.  Her girls were trying to convince her that the four of them could fit into her giant tub.  But, Jess said no.
Because they were unsupervised while the adults were outside visiting and enjoying the beautiful weather, Gracie comes down to the screen door in her towel and says, "We ALL fit in the tub!"
Sounds like the word NO works about as well as it does around here when friends are involved!  :)


I can't believe Jess and I didn't get a picture together.
I love my time with Jess.
It doesn't come nearly often enough.
I guess I should thank Jess this trip because I left my phone charger at her house and now I have a smart phone that is truly too smart for me!  But, it's their turn to come next summer.  That 10 hour drive stinks!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It's true, I never laugh quite like I do when I am with you! What Emily said was "You're right mom, she is a good friend because she makes you laugh so much." Couldn't have said it better myself!

Call me when your boobs come in.

Love you!