Monday, April 11, 2011

Thundercake

My class makes Thundercake every year during our weather unit.
Mr. Stockton helps us make this in the library.
What IS Thundercake, you ask?
It's a cake a little girl makes during a storm with her grandma.

There is a special ingredient: pureed tomatoes.
I forgot to buy them.
So, I guess our cake wasn't too special this year.
It WAS, however, the thickest cake I've ever seen.
Hmmm... maybe that's what the tomatoes were for.
Oh well.  The kids didn't seem to mind.
They thought the tomatoes sounded disgusting.
You can't even taste them.
Pick-y!
I certainly wasn't that picky at age 7.
HA!  
Our cake was ready just in time at the end of the day to eat along with the giant birthday doughnut for a student's birthday!  I'm sure the kids' parents were LOVING that sugar high on a Friday night!


2 comments:

Danielle said...

Abi loved Thundercake! We've heard about it several times since Friday. This was one of Hannah's favorite 2nd grade activities too. Once again, you're the best!

Amy said...

I love that you and Dave do this together every year! Such a fun memory for the kids! Love Patricia Poloco!