Tuesday, September 7, 2010

slow down

Dear Sweet Children of Mine,
Slow down!  You're growing way too fast!  We are seeing such changes in all of you lately.  
Gracie, you're 7, and have such a fun personality.  You and I giggled hard last night about something funny in a book- I love that you understand that kind of humor!  You and Daddy went on a bike ride together tonight- your first bike ride around the block!  You came back with the biggest smile and told me all about it!  Very exciting!  I love that you are independent, but that you still want me to read to you at bedtime.  A change I've seen in you lately is that you do NOT like it when I "embarrass" you in front of your friends.  You even told some friends the other day you wanted to prove me wrong!  Gracie!  You're only 7- isn't that supposed to happen later?  Like, in 5 years or so?

Jada, you're 4, and you're starting preschool tomorrow!  We have your outfit all picked out hanging on your bed. I'm sure tomorrow's post will be a picture with you and your big girl backpack at school! Trey, you, and I drew pictures with chalk on the driveway tonight.  Here's your butterfly:
  You also went on a "bike ride" with Daddy, only you decided to ride your scooter, then you decided to run alongside him instead.  You're quite the runner!  You love to have us read books to you at bedtime, and you are sure to give us plenty of hugs and kisses before we leave.  A change in you I've seen is that you don't seem "babyish" to me anymore.  What happened to my little Jada!!??

Trey, you're 17 months this Friday, and you're pretty onery.  But, you're also a very sweet boy.  You like to wear caps, but the ones you own right now are too small.  It doesn't stop you from finding them and putting them on.  You also like when we (Daddy and I) wear a hat.  I had to take you to the doctor today to see if you had an ear infection.  Luckily you didn't... but, we now know that you say the word, "Owie."  You also did sidewalk chalk with me tonight and you dribbled a basketball for a while. 
A change I've seen in you, Trey, is that you're saying lots and lots of words now.  You understand so much.  You're so smart!

Kids, you know that you have a silly daddy.  He isn't your typical daddy sometimes.  When you tell him you don't think he can do something- he tries to prove you wrong.  Like tonight, when you, Gracie, told him he can't climb a tree.  Well... he proved you wrong.
 Your Daddy works VERY hard at his job at Bethel, and we don't get to see him much right now because he's so busy getting to know the students.  But, his favorite part of the day is when he gets to come home and spend time with his family.

And I, your mommy, love you very much as well.  I teach second graders all day long, and I love it.  But, I don't get to have that much time with you either- just the evenings and bedtime.  So I like to do things like this with you:
And just because you would "get mad" at me if I didn't wear it- here's a picture to prove how spoiled you are, Trey Hawk.
God gave us three wonderful kids.  Please remember to thank Him daily for all the blessings He gives you. 

Love,
Mommy 

4 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

This is adorable and made me teary eyed.

jami said...

That is such a beautiful post. Thank you:)

Mom said...

Uh Gracie...you come by the "being embarrassed by mom" naturally! And yes your mom started at the same age you did! Tears for me too, Beki! I love this...

Jessica said...

You look so darn cute in that photo.