Thursday, September 9, 2010

preschooler

Here's our little preschooler! 
 Gracie is making a "P" for preschool with her hands.  She was so proud of Jada this morning.
Jada was so excited at open house that she said, "Bye mom!" when we pulled into the parking lot.  Then, the first day of school we pulled up in the parking lot, she got out and again said, "Bye mom!"  BUT, she was not fooling me.  I could tell Jada was nervous.  We got there early enough that when I left she'd have to wait about 10 minutes before Ms. Mari would actually start the class with circle time.  10 minutes can be a looong time when you don't know anyone else in the room.  So, I stayed and watched her play for a minute or two, but then had to leave- I had someone covering my class for just a few more minutes.  Of course she had more than a couple of goodbyes for me before I left.  I was so proud of her.  She seemed so mature about it.  I'm glad we waited a year to send her to preschool.  This time last year she was still attached to my hip.  
However, with all the smiles and cheerful goodbyes, we still heard at supper time that she DIDN'T have a good time at preschool.  The reason?  A boy stepped on her backpack, and she was mad about that.  We'll see if she goes back on Monday...

2 comments:

jami said...

Sidney still isn't happy yet. Is it the first week? The change? I don't know but i know she's loved and taken care of in class so here we are. I'm crazy. So miss her when I'm at work, I bring her schedule so I know where she is at. Love you:)

Jessica said...

One of her first of many lessons on how boys are trouble! :) She looks so cute. The little preschool Princess!