Monday, June 14, 2010

Pop Quiz

What can I say?  
I'm a teacher.
I give tests.
Or... pop quizzes?
What IS the difference anyway?


Here is a pop quiz for you concerning what I've learned this summer so far.
See if you can get 100%.  
What would that be Slate Creek teachers?  An E?  P?
Yeah, I'm confused, too.


1.  I have the loudest son in the:
a. library
b. bank
c.  grocery store- any store.. you name it.
d. all of the above
(d- it's only funny when we're NOT at the library)


2.  When I ask my children to close the door behind them, it really means:
a.  close the door behind you
b.  close it half way
c.  leave it wide open
(c- God usually sends me back into the house for something I forgot.  That's when I get to see the door has been left wide open.)


3. The food that makes me feel pregnant again because I CRAVE it, is:
a.  the chocolate/pb rice krispie treats at Target
b. spring rolls from Bangkok Thai restaurant
c.  oatmeal with chocolate chips in it
d. all of the above
(d- I do NOT mess with my internal need for chocolate)


4.  At the dinner table each night, the look on my kids' faces that makes them look like Chad and I have taken away all their toys, must mean:
a.  I'm a horrible cook
b.  they are picky eaters
(it's a toss-up)


5.  The sweetest sound I can think of is:
a.  naptime
b.  the sound of my children singing/humming
c. the fan in the bathroom that drowns out all other noises
d.  5 minutes of not answering questions 
(b- although I do love my quiet alone time, I love hearing the songs they make up, or have just learned)


6.  The one thing I look forward to the most each summer that might not happen this year:
a.  cleaning out the basement
b.  landscaping
c. harvest
(c- cleaning the basement?  I try not to.  Landscaping?  That takes money.  No, no, no... harvest ranks right up there with Christmas for me.)


Soo... how did you do?  


One quote Gracie said today that melted my heart: 
"No FAIR!  A long time ago there were kids 
that got to sit on Jesus's lap!"  
*sigh*


One sweet picture taken today:






6 comments:

Amy said...

I lost track of my score. But I don't think I got 100%. But that may still be a P. An E would have required some kind of bonus question.

Why won't harvest happen?

Chad and Jody said...

rain. stupid flood.

Anonymous said...

Wait!! -- Are you telling me Bangkok is back open again?!? Did they move or still on S Rock? Last two times I tried to go (last summer) it was closed/phone was disconnected.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

You crack me up!

I get an E.

Chad and Jody said...

Bangkok had a fire and haven't opened since. Very, very sad. No new phone number probably means they aren't opening back up.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I had not heard there was a fire. Very sad indeed. I love, love, loved! their yellow curry, and the pad thai was very good too. Wanting to find info about the fire, I googled Bangkok and fire and found possible good news. But who knows if it will really still be Bangkok food (with the awesome Bangkok prices!)?

http://www.kansas.com/qna/forum/denise_neil_on_dining/index.html

Submitted by Matthew from Wichita, KS

Q: A while back Bangkok on South Rock Road had a fire and it looked like that was it. Recently I have seen a sign outside their south Rock Road location stating they were opening soon. Any idea as to the date? I can't wait to have that panang again!!

Answered 05/12/10 11:33:12 by Denise Neil
A: I have good news on that front. The owners of Taste of Thai, a delicious Thai restaurant at 447 N. St. Francis, are taking over the Bangkok location at 2020 S. Rock Road and are keeping the old menu and all the old recipes. So fans can still have the food they were used to. They hope to open some time next week.