Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

On KLOVE last week I heard they were challenging listeners to describe their father in 7 words or less.  The prize you'd win, if you were picked, was a 7 day cruise for your father and a person of his choice.  "Would MY father like to go on a cruise?" I thought.  Not too long after hearing this I got pictures from my dad from his Canada fishing trip.  
No, my dad wouldn't enjoy a cruise because I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let him fish off the cruise liner in the ocean.  
My dad would rather drive 18+ hours to Canada-
Then, drive some more to get to a small engine plane like this one: 
  -where he and his cousin fly who knows how much longer to a lake where they tent, canoe, cook, play horseshoes and washers , drink, laugh, eat, and feel a little piece of heaven for 10 days. 
*no cell phones
*no communication with humans
*just the two of them catching a few of these:
over 1,500 between the two of them!
 Who wouldn't want this view?
I know I can't give my dad anything that would compare to this.  But, I do love seeing how he loves my family.
Instead of writing in to KLOVE the 7 words that describe my dad, we made a card for him that has 5 words/phrases we thought of.
good combine driver
silly
yummy jerky maker
good tractor driver
huggable

_______________________________
Thinking about Chad's dad, Roy, I thought, "Hmm... yes, he WOULD love to go on a cruise!"  But, sorry Roy, I didn't enter you in the contest either.  I can imagine, though, all the stories we'd hear about your adventures on an ocean liner.
I can't imagine a better father-in-law than Roy.  He's very knowledgeable in many things, but so fun, too.  Who wouldn't love a Papa that teaches his granddaughter the, "I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world..." song?  

So, some words we used to describe Roy included:
yummy pancake maker
silly song maker
huggable
busy bee
hard worker
_________________________

Happy Father's Day, Dad and Roy!

3 comments:

jami said...

That has to be one my favorite posts:)

Chad and Jody said...

thanks, Jami!

Mom said...

The picture of Roy and Trey is adorable! You can see the dimple in Trey's smile!

Love the blog!