Tuesday, July 3, 2012

camp, hair, and an update

Gracie was old enough this summer to go to the camp I went to when I was her age- CAMP MENNOSCAH.  I'm fairly certain I was more excited to be there than she was when I dropped her off.

 My name is written in her cabin somewhere- I could have looked for hours for it, but after getting her bed put together, her and Tessa quickly shooed us away because it was time to swim. Jada was the ultimate annoying little sister, "Can I PLEEEEEAAASSSE stay here for just ONE night???"  "LOOOK!  I'm in Gracie's bed!" We thought it was adorable.  Someone else didn't.

I have such fun memories from this camp.  I'm so happy Gracie gets to make her own here for the next several years!

Here are some random pictures of a braid I did in Jada's hair. I love looking at different kids' hair styles (mostly different braids) online and see if I can imitate them.  This one was zigzag.

 I don't necessarily always make her sit in a wooden crate when I do her hair.  BUT, it's a must for her to be doing something (watching tv, eating breakfast)- otherwise, there's a lot of complaining.

What other random thing can I show you from the month of June?
Our garden...

Remember the pictures I had at the beginning of the summer when we planted our little garden?  Well, look what Chad's green thumb has done to that little spot in the yard!



 If you need green onions, please call me or come over.  We have a ridiculous amount of green onions that we will most likely not be able to use.  But, it's really cool having a garden since the last few years we couldn't grow anything.

No comments: