Tuesday, March 27, 2012

this is what saves my sanity

Because my kids like to play out in the front yard.
And because I need something I can prepare quickly.
And because I'm a lazy cook...
This is what saves my sanity:
 the grill.

What should we have tonight?
I don't know- let's grill.
It's not windy out today- let's grill.
Mama's had a bad day- let's grill.
I want to treat myself to some grilled veggies- let's grill.

Right now, one of my very favorite foods is grilled vegetables.  
Actually any vegetables are my favorite vegetables.  
We went to Subway last Sunday after church for lunch.  I ordered my usual (something I'm sure that went straight to my thighs and rear-end)... and I walked away from Subway thinking, "I could have just put all the veggies on there with no meat, and I would have loved it the same." 

So, here it is.  
Supper.
On the grill.

Because I want my kids to keep liking me.  
 

4 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Yummmm.

Amy said...

You are awesome.
I have never grilled anything. Ever.
Totally Corey's job.

And my kids had cereal for supper.
Awesome.
(and apples and yogurt...)

rentz said...

I don't grill either...Ryan's job. Looks delish, though!

Jessica said...

I'm not great at grilling, Mike's thing. But I attempt it and occasionally over cook something here and there! (: I need to do it more because sometimes when I'm home alone I just want grilled meat and veggies are the best on the grill. I don't think it makes you lazy or a bad cook...I am totally impressed by your grilling skills. And I'd like a serving or two of what you've got on there in that picture. YUM!