Thursday, March 8, 2012

35 things

It's my birthday today.
Last year I did a post on 34 things about myself.

So, how about 35 things for this year.
It's going to take a lot thinking.
I'm tired already.

1.  I am still married to the best, most thoughtful husband.
2.  Apparently, I like antiques!
3.  I'm teaching one of the hardest classes I've had in 5 years.
4.  They make me tired and depressed.
5.  My favorite color right now is a dark creamy color.  I want it everywhere in my house. 
6.  I'm appalled that gas is $3.62 a gallon right now.
7.  I'm loving Pinterest and all it's glory.
8.  I've also discovered Teachers Pay Teachers this year.  It's been so fun having new, updated lessons on old curriculum.
9.  My favorite thing to cook for my family is anything easy.
10.  I dream of having long hair, and can't get myself to grow it out.
11.  I need summer break to be here, like tomorrow.
12.  I crave Braum's peanut butter cup ice cream.
13.  I love putting together puzzles.
14.  My favorite music artists are still the ones I listened to in high school.
15.  Just got new dishes for my birthday and am dreaming of what my kitchen will become this summer.
16.  I hate wearing short sleeves, but I'm ready for nicer weather.
17.  I have guilt about my kids wanting to be in different activities and not finding time to put them into them.
18.  This is getting long, and I'm running out of things to write, so I'm wasting number 18 on this sentence.
19.  I love our new house.  My favorite place is on the couch in the living room.
20.  My least favorite place is the toy room.  It's overwhelming to walk into that place.
21.  I would love to adopt someday.  I have baby fever all the time.  
22.  My favorite vegetables are grilled.
23.  My sports wagon (aka: mini van) is so old it sounds like an airplane when I drive 70 mph.
24.  I got new sandals and want to wear them all the time.  (again, I'm ready for nicer weather.)
25.  My favorite new tv show is New Girl.  So stinkin' funny.
26.  I'd love to stop my addiction to Pepsi.  But, don't think I can actually quit until summer.
27.   Sometimes there's nothing better than a girlfriend who understands what you're going through.
28. Sometimes there's nothing better than jeans day at work.  I know it sounds stupid, but I sort of feel like I teach better on those days.
29.  I'm in a funk that I can't get out of right now.  :(
30.  I did the ugly cry on the way home from Wichita tonight because of a commercial about human trafficking. I partly just needed to get the cry out, but truly feel awful for young women in that situation.
31.  I love my small town. 
32.  Getting there.  almost done. 
33.  I'm supposed to go present to the Board of Education about my students and how low they are and how they should be put into three classrooms next year instead of two.   And I will do it.  But, I'm a little bitter that no one went to bat for Andrea and I last year.  Those state tests really drive people to think.  Wish that "drive" could have happened when it "doesn't count."
34.  We started family night on Wednesdays.  Someone is chosen to bring a Bible verse to the table and read it, and explain why they picked it.  Then, we play a game together.  And then we talk about whatever we think needs to be talked about.  Friends, school, work, etc.
35. I love this little family of mine, and all our quirks.  I had a rotten birthday dinner tonight in Wichita, but in the scheme of things, that's small.  I'm so thankful God gave me Chad, and my children.    

7 comments:

Amy said...

Totally missed your birthday today! Ah!! I'm a terrible friend!

I want to hear more about #33...

jami said...

I had to comment on this one....So good. I'm sitting here pondering your thoughts and want to be a better person! So well said! I love you so much Jody!!!!!!!

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday my sweet friend! Love your list. I love Braum's pb cup ice cream too! Have you ever had it in a hot fudge sundae?! To.die.for. I stood in line for over an hour once to get that ice cream and then they were out. I was so mad, I left without anything. It was not one of my finer moments :)

I want to hear more about your antiquing. I want to get into it but I'm not quite sure where to shop. I'd love to hear your tips.

love you!

Jessica said...

Let me fill in #18 and #32 for you:

18. I can swing up side down really well, it's a secret talent.

32. I'm cool, I'm cool...yay!

I could easily make a list of 35 things I love about you Jodes, you're the best bestie ever!

XOXOXO

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I'm a day late, but HaPPY Happy Birthday to you my beautiful friend with the best stinking hair in the entire world!

Megan said...

I LOVE the family night idea! So cool!

Adoption is so cool. :)

I can't wait to see what your kitchen will become! Of course you'll post all about it!

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad I get to "get to know you" through our blogs. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome list, Jody. I'm sorry about the funk, and I so understand about the crying, and many other things. I applaud your family time. We did that weekly for a long time, and there's nothing better. It's not always easy, but so good. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!