Tuesday, March 6, 2012

antiques

I've never thought of myself as a person who likes antiques.  But, the more I Pinterest, the more I realize that the DIY projects, or the style of decorating I'm getting into is vintage, and antique-y.  

You can lift your jaw off the floor now.

So, for our annual Mother/Daughter Date, my mom took me to a very large antique store about 45 minutes away.  

I was blown away!
I LOVED it!
I found this bird cage first.  I {heart} big birdcages.  
I don't know why.
 And I found a few other things that are now sitting in my closet- waiting to be turned into something fantastic for the house.
(except for the wreath- I made that out of an old book I knew I wasn't going to read anymore.)
We also went to a few other stores where I found this gem.  It's as tall as me!
Besides all these goodies I found- mom and I ate lots of yummy unhealthy food, and had such a good time together.  It was the recharge I needed!
 

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like an awesome day, I want to go antique-ing with you! I love that you're actually making things you find on Pinterest instead of just pinning! Go you! Can't wait to see that beautifully decorated house of yours some day...

Megan said...

Where did you find this amazing antique store?

Mom said...

I see more mom/daughter antique dates in the near future! :)

Danielle said...

Love your finds! Where did you shop? I need someone to help me spot such treasures.