Friday, January 27, 2012

Week in Review

This has been the craziest week.
I literally have not cooked one meal at our house since last Saturday!  
Until tonight.
Talk about slacking!


But, I had good reasons!
Saturday- pizza with the Zahn's.  Good food.  Good friends.

Sunday- we celebrated Grandma's and Chad's birthdays in Salina


Monday- with Daddy out of town, what else would we do but eat out!  I thank Burger King Play Place for keeping me sane that night.



Tuesday- celebrated Chad's birthday with the Burkholders at On the Border.  Got my ab workout that evening with all the laughter!



Wednesday- we took Chad to Texas Roadhouse for his birthday.  It started off with a weird KU gnome gift... turned no-Childs children-liking-their-food... turned dance party in the aisle... turned riding saddles with no horse!
 Thursday- Applebees with the Ashers.  We got smart this time and put the older kids at a table to themselves.  Jada was so tuckered out from her day she fell asleep in the booth.

 And now it's Friday.  Did I cook?  Did I actually make a meal for my family?  

Yes.  Yes, I did.
Hamburger gravy and mashed potatoes.  And peas.  mmmm...

But, here's the kicker~  after this busy week with friends and birthday partying~ we celebrated Kansas Day at school today!

We made butter in baby food jars.
We colored Jayhawks.
We sewed with needle and thread on an old quilt.
We drew our favorite Kansas symbol on a quilt patch.
We had a Twinkie snack that was the shape of a sunflower.
We read a great book about famous people and places in Kansas.

Right now I'm feeling like this:


 I guess it could be the energy it took to get through KS day.
But, maybe- just maybe- it was the the energy it took to make that supper I made this week.  

In that case- where we eatin' tomorrow night, y'all?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Did you take that photo of yourself? You are so funny, and darn cute! And talk about cute...those KIDS! I miss them. I want to meet you out to eat, I'm all for not cooking and eating high calorie food! (:

Chad and Jody said...

Just for effects, Jess.