Saturday, January 21, 2012

DIY for Grandma

My Grandma Hanchett's birthday is Monday.
It's sad, but I can't remember the last time
I actually gave my grandma a PRESENT
on her birthday.
Sure, the occasional card.
A phone call.
So, I decided this year, with Grandpa in the nursing home,
I thought Grandma could use some cheerfulness at her own home.

Since Pinterest is in my life now, I can find any kind of
DIY yourself project I want.
And I did!
The kids and I made this:
 First, I painted a canvas.
 Then, I cut hearts out of scrapbook paper I thought 
my grandma would like.

I enlisted the help of child labor to glue the hearts
to each other so that color was on each side.


I hot glued the hearts on, and then attached tulle.
Did you know that tulle is AWFUL to work with?
Awful.

 I can't wait to give this to her tomorrow.
Happy Birthday, Grandma! 
(Don't worry- she won't see this.  No computer)

2 comments:

Jessi said...

She will love it because it came from the HEART!!!

Momma Amy said...

Great job! I love that paper. I'm sure she will love it! Perfect for Valentine's Day! :)