Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This is why I teach

For Christmas I got many cards from my students.
Some homemade, but lots of ones that were bought from a store.  

My favorite one that I got at Christmas was not homemade.
It was one that's blank on the inside.
But, in the inside, it simply said, "I love you," in my student's handwriting.  

As some of you know, last Friday I had an emergency appendectomy.  I should NOT have gone back to school today, but I did.  Writing lesson plans are so much work.  

Yesterday when I was gone, the sub disregarded what I put in my lesson plans for writing, and instead had the kids write "Get Well Soon" cards for me.  


They were all homemade.


This one is by far my favorite.
Now, I don't know who "Peter" is, or what I'm supposed to "fill Peter" with.  But, this sure made me smile AND laugh out loud. So, I would say this card made me "feel better." 


Kids are the cutest ever.  Especially 2nd graders.

7 comments:

Amy said...

That card is awesome. Love it. :)
Sorry today was rough.
And I didn't even talk to you today. :(

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh honey!!! I'm sorry you're still having problems. I hope you fill Peter soon. *snort*!

rentz said...

I did not know about this. So sorry. Hope you are done with visits to the hospital now! Goodness.
And that card is super cute!

Jessica said...

I am totally laughing out load. This rates right up there with the "shits" my kids puts on her bed! (: Love love love second grade writing. I hope you fill Peter soon, too!
Love you!

Danielle said...

Love the card and love you! I'm with the others, I hope you fill Peter soon :)

Mom said...

Seriously laughing so hard my stomach hurts!!! I didn't see Peter at the house yesterday so hopefully you've found him by now and filled him with whatever....:-> Relax and take it easy this weekend to heal your body...you went back to work WAYYYY to soon! I Love You.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I came across your page in looking for images of homemade get-well cards from kids.

When in elementary school, my sister was really sick one time, and it was such a delight to her when all the students in her class made her get-well cards. It sure did uplift her spirit in reading all the notes from her classmates!

I am using this idea as an illustration in a VBS lesson about Jesus healing people.

Thanks for sharing your story!