Sunday, December 26, 2010

Send

While watching a movie this Christmas weekend, I saw something I do everyday, and see other people do everyday, but don't pay much attention to it.  The simple act of pushing "send."  
 I thought to myself: wouldn't it be nice if I could send my wishes, my fears, my burdens somewhere?
 Just push a button and "send" them away.
And then I thought:  I do have that "send" button.  There's a place where my wishes, hurts, and burdens go.  I chose to invite The Light into my heart when I was younger.  Christ died for me to save my sins.  He knows my wishes, my hurts, and my burdens, and He wants me to push the send button so he can heal me.  Since he's in my heart, I know I can go to Him.  Jesus IS my send button. 
And to think all of this came from a baby.
"This very day in King David's hometown a Savior was born for you.  He is Christ the Lord.  You will know who he is, because you will find him dressed in baby clothes and lying in a bed of hay."  (Luke 2:11-13)
The Bread of Life slept in a trough.  Funny, huh.
Find the send button in your life.  He's there.  He's waiting for you to put your finger on the button and send a message.  "I want you in my life.  I need you."  It's the greatest thing you'll ever do!