Sunday, October 24, 2010

You think I'm stressed?

I have dumb dreams.  
But, I especially have dumb dreams when I'm stressed.
I had to work hard during the one I had this morning, so my back is really sore this morning.  My jaw also hurts, so I guess I was clinching my teeth together pretty hard.  The dream went something like this:

First I was "swimming" in the bathtub with my children (impossible?  yes.).   I looked over and Trey decided to fall asleep face down in the water.  Most of his face was under the water, and when I picked him up, I freaked out trying to get him to wake up.  He wouldn't wake up, so I screamed for Chad- who came over and said he was fine, and put him in our bed to sleep a while longer.  Our friend, Daniel, was at our house (which wasn't our house) and wanted to grill brats.  I took over on the grill after awhile and burned them.  Daniel was annoyed and disappointed.  He made some comment about doing it by himself next time.  I went upstairs (which was my Aunt Marcy's old basement layout), and the house all of a sudden belonged to Jessica.  I dropped some glass on the floor- which shattered everywhere, so I was trying to pick all the tiny pieces up before the baby (who's? not sure.) stepped in it.  When all of a sudden this girl that's in our youth group started to grab me and tried to pull me down the hall by my leg.  It was super scary because when I would get away, she would come after me again.  I wasn't sure what she was going to do to me IF she got me downstairs, but I was REALLY mad when Chad wouldn't get off the couch to help me out.  After several failed attempts by her and this other guy (which makes me confused how I even got away, because every time I tried to kick them in the face or in the stomach, my kick would be short and they would make fun of me) I yelled at Chad to help me.  He told me that, by law, he wasn't able to help me unless I was carrying a kid and they tried to kidnap me while holding a kid.  So, I grabbed a kid that was there (the room was full of people by the way), and they left me alone.  However, I felt terrible about putting a child in danger, so I put him down and Jessica's husband, Mike, came after me.  I kept trying to protect myself by putting the couches' ends together in a triangle so I could sit in the middle and "be safe," but Mike just crawled under the couch (he must have become super tiny!).  So, I waited until his head was sticking out from under the couch and I pushed down on his head and neck super hard so his face was smashed to the ground and he couldn't move.  Apparently, he couldn't use his hands though because he never did try to  grab me while I was holding him down.  Jessica's girls even tried to come distract me, and I found out while Chad was playing charades with the girls that the whole idea of kidnapping me was Jessica's because I spilled the glass on the floor.
You think this dream is over, don't you.  
Nope, it kept going.
So, then I was in our van with the girls.  We had just arrived at some camp out in the country.  As the girls were trying to make their way up to the front to get out, we saw some small animal with a long tail on the back seat.  I tried to climb back a little farther to take a look and it darted to another spot.  The girls got scared, and stumbled quickly up to the front of the van.  I noticed some guy was walking toward the camp and he was coming closer to our van, so I asked him if he could take a look at this animal in our van.  He went around to the passenger side as I was standing at the driver's side with the door open.  I stepped back to watch the guy through the window (in case he caught it), and I felt a little sting on my leg. I looked down and there was a huge black snake that was trying to nibble my leg!  So, I kicked it and made it even more mad.  I had to think quick- if I tried to jump in the van, it might slither super fast and make it into the van with us.  But, if I tried to kick it, it might bite me again.  
The outcome is unknown because I woke up.
Dumb dream, huh?

6 comments:

Mom said...

Oh my...I think you need something to help you not dream like that...maybe wine???

Amy said...

I had a kidnapping dream the other night, too. It was either Lawson or Gretchen that had been kidnapped. I couldn't remember which. I knew who had taken them and where they were... I just couldn't get to them. Not a real restful night's sleep, needless to say.

Why can't we be the kind of women that can't eat when they get stressed and lose weight? Then at least some good could come from all our stress.

Jessica said...

Who is this horrible Jessica you speak of and her handsome protector, Mike? Wow, scary people! :) Maybe you should be more careful with glass!I'm glad I signed on to catch up on your blogs, I've missed them while I was away!

jami said...

This is an anxiety dream. Nothing more. Super anxious stuff. Your OK Jody and I love you!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Your brain is whacky.

I totally agree with Amy. I want to be one of those who can't eat when I'm stressed.

Chad and Jody said...

Yeah, I'd be pretty skinny this time of year!