Saturday, October 9, 2010

sign me up

If you are my mother, or our babysitter
that's coming tomorrow, this is not
for your eyes.


I was talking to my bestie this morning
telling her how awesome I am.
Read on... you'll see why.


Looking at the calendar, I realized why my
house looks like this:




Not only are these rooms sparkling clean (HA!),
but here are two bulletin boards I've been promising
the girls we'll hang up- since last weekend.
 You'd think that would be enough to
stress a mother out! But, the icing on the
cake was last night when I saw a spot on
Jada's arm. I asked her what the spot was from
and she replied, "It's paint!"  Thinking back
to this week and when they might have
painted, I remembered it was WEDNESDAY
when they painted at Bethel with Chad.

WEDNESDAY.  

And they hadn't had a bath Monday or Tuesday.
Which meant I didn't bathe my children
ALL WEEK.  
Just sign me up for the Wife/Mother of the Year 
Award, now.  I'm on a roll...

6 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Haha!! This is why I love you.

Anonymous said...

You ARE the mother of the year. That is not how it's decided :) Thankfully (because my house is never very clean, and my kids are often questionable!), it's all about the love. Not about how clean they are, or how clean their house is, or if you forget things or are late for things or whatever. And there's no doubt that your house is full of love!

Jessica said...

This was a good one, thonks! Totally worth the wait! :) Glad I was able to help you over the writers block. I should definitely take some photos of my pristine home to share with you...pretty sure I'm your rival for Mother of the Year!

jami said...

That is so funny and so true for all of us. Life is CRAZY isn't it:) Love you!

Amy said...

:)

Amy Turner said...

Love this blog! Hilarious because I just got done blogging about a clean house :) It's because of mom's like Jody Childs that women are happier, more confident and feel comfortable and less pressure and can just be themselves! Love you friend!