Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm BAAAACCCKK!!!

Hi.  
I'm back.
As in, I have been "gone" for a few years.
I realized this during a bathroom break
today at school.  I went in, I smiled to myself,
did what I was in there for, and had an
"Ah HA!" moment.
 I have been gone.
But, now I'm back.

The last few years I have felt sort of like
I haven't been giving my A-game.
I've been getting up, going to work,
doing what I've needed to get done,
and leaving. 
I think I was a good teacher during
those times.  I cared for the kids, made them
feel safe, and taught them the curriculum
they needed to learn.
It was fun, sometimes.
But, not like it used to be.
I'm guessing it was because of all the health
problems I had.  Starting with Trey's
pregnancy issues, then the post-pregnancy
issue.  And then putting the kids in daycare,
not wanting to be away from them.
And finally, having a hysterectomy last school
year.  That was the icing on the cake. 
And while I knew it needed to be done, and
was, in a way, excited about it- I didn't 
realize what kind of change it would bring
for me on such a personal level.

But, I really feel like things are stable
in my life now.  There's really not a lot
of "unknowns" anymore.  
Thank goodness!  We've had our 
fair share of those the last few years.


There was a change in me today.
In the bathroom, of all places!
God had a good giggle with that
one while we talked today, I'm sure.


Could it just be the honeymoon phase
at the beginning of the school year?
I hope not.  
I like loving my job.



 

3 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

You were "on" even when you didn't think you were. You're always awesome!

Amy said...

Wow. If the past few years haven't been your "A game," I can't wait to see the awesome teaching my daughter is going to get this year!! :)

Deb said...

I'm so happy for you! :) Hope you have a super year! :)
Deb