Monday, July 12, 2010

tracing animals

Remember tracing paper 
and how much fun that was?
Remember trying to amaze your friends
by saying you REALLY drew that-
when really you traced it?
Really, I was the only one?
Does that scream nerd to you?
It's ok.
I'm a proud nerd.  
It actually helped me to be a decent artist.
Or, at least *I* think so!


I dug in the girls closet today looking for a craft idea book, but ended up finding three "How to draw" books.  Three books that teach to draw different things (animals, kids, aliens, airplanes, etc) starting with a circle, triangle, or square.  The drawings really are some of the cutest ones I've seen for kids.


I got some sticky notes.
Pencils.
Crayons.
A Gracie and a Jada.
And the drawing books.


They loved it.
Some of the pictures were small enough to fit the sticky note on, but most were not, so they had to follow each step to draw it.
concentrating on drawing a shark


concentrating on drawing a bird
 Here are the ones I drew
 You're impressed, huh?
All those times of tracing what my brother drew, 
or out of a tracing book paid off. 
See?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely impressed!! The thing I love about drawing like that is how individual each drawing is -- they don't all look just like the other one. I worried about doing drawings like that with my students, afraid they would all want theirs to be "just like mine". But they don't! I love that!