Saturday, July 10, 2010

love letter

Dear Father in Heaven,
I'm ready to give this burden to you.
I'm not perfect so I will fail at this everyday from now on, but I'm ready to believe this- that "You are the one who put me together inside my mother's body, and I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me.  Everything you do is marvelous!"  (Psalm 139: 13-14)


I'm tired of letting evil taking over my thoughts.  
"I'm not pretty enough." 
"I'm not skinny enough."
"If only I had been a dancer I could have legs like Jennifer Lopez."
"If only I had hair like Jennifer Aniston..."


I don't love being this weight.  I've never been this weight in my life.  It happened so quickly.  This is my biggest burden I give to you.  But, I promise I am working on it.  I'm not just laying around sulking, anymore.  I am trying.


Tonight I made a goal for a month from now.  Amy and I will compare then.  Thank you for putting Amy in my life.  


In a month if I am (this many) pounds, I will say one of two things- either, I tried really hard and I made it to my goal; or, I tried really hard and I'm proud of myself.  Why let Satan get the best of me?  You made me perfect.  It's up to me what I do with it.  I can beat myself down like I do, everyday.  Or, I can choose not to.  


I'm giving you this burden, and I'm asking for help.  I need your support through this next month.  I need you with me telling me I'm worth it. 


God, you're the only one who is with me all the time.  You're in my heart, I talk with you often, you're with me as I sit here on the couch typing this letter.  So, you're the perfect one to cheer me on.  You're the perfect cheerleader! 


I love you,
Jody

3 comments:

Mom said...

I Love You too! And you should be so proud of yourself for the beautiful person you are both inside and out.

In the name of the Lord, get thee behind her satan and forever leave her thoughts!

Amy said...

You are beautiful. Really. You have the best hair. Ever. And you have one of the best hearts I know of. Anyone who knows you... loves you. Me included. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey. I heard about this Run With Me! group that some crazy lady started. She likes it when people want to love themselves more and regardless of the (number) she already loves you.
You should look her up!