Thursday, July 1, 2010

love him

TWO blog posts in one day?
yes.
I just have to tell you about bedtime tonight.
Keep in mind that Trey had only had about a 45 minute nap today, so I thought he was good and ready at 9:00 p.m. for bedtime.
I gave him some milk. 
He was mad that I didn't have more for him.
But, I finally got him calmed down enough that I could hold him in a position so that my left hand was holding up one of his legs, and the other arm was clear out so that he could stretch out with his arms tucked under his chin.
When my arm couldn't stand being out there any more, I pulled him up so he would lay on my shoulder like normal.
And then the singing began.
He heard the music on the cd.
So, he decided he wanted to hum along.
I knew this was going to take a looooong time to get him to settle down, so I took him to my bed and laid him on the pillow- which usually gets him to fall asleep relatively quickly.
Not tonight.
I usually close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. 
I did this.
He rolled around for a bit.
I opened my eyes and he saw me do this, so he slid over to me, facing me, and put his arm around my neck- just laying there.  The two of us on our sides, facing each other.
He had on a huge closed mouth smile, looking into my eyes, soaking me in- like I was the last part of the sunset of the day.  
I was soaking him in, and then he started laughing.
He thought he was so funny.
Again, I knew this wasn't making him any sleepier.
So, I took him back to his bedroom.
I was holding him out in front of me and we played this game we play- we push our faces into each other's face and rock our heads side to side.  I usually push my face into his neck and start kissing him, which makes him laugh.
Tonight it was the deep belly laughs.
Moms, you KNOW this laugh.
It's the best sound.
In the end, he won.
I let him down and he walked out the door- only to go to the kitchen- surprise, surprise- and ask for a snack.  
Tonight it was peaches.
Because he's that sweet.
Love this boy.

2 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That is so sweet!!!!

And I'm so glad you documented it. Tiny little moments like that are so easy to forget and in a few years you'll read this blog post and go, "Oh yea! I forgot about that night."

klittlejohn said...

too cute!