Thursday, April 15, 2010

Week in Review

* Gracie's been asking me everyday after school if we can go around our neighborhood and pick up trash.  She's our proactive one.  I've been telling her we can when we get [this] done.  She's been disappointed in me.  I've been thinking, "I don't have time to go pick up trash around the neighborhood."  Well... who should come to school today, but Clifford, the big red dog.  And what does he and the lady that was with him talk about?  Earth Day.  They asked the kids if they knew of something they could do in their own neighborhood to help take care of the Earth.  Guess who was sinking in her seat feeling guilty about having a daughter who desperately wants to do this, but can't because her mother is too busy lazy.?

* Good news= found out last Friday that I only had 9 more days of school left.  Bad news= the reason is because I'm getting a hysterectomy on the 23rd.

* We have ants in our shower.  REALLY frustrating!

* Favorite kid quote of the week comes from Jada.  For supper tonight I made tater-tot casserole.  After Chad told her what was for supper and that she LOVES that stuff, Jada announces, "I LOVE tater-tots and castles!"  

* This week I've learned you can't please everyone. 

* Trey has been walking around in the yard after school and in the evenings.  I love that for reasons.  1.  He pushes his "walker" so fast he has to lean over and sort of walk/run to catch up with it.  2.  It reminds me of the first time Gracie was put in the grass and when she would touch it, she'd pull her arm up with a scowl that looked like she was saying, "How dare you put me in this stuff!" 

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I got that note from school and wondered if that's what was going on. :( I'm so sorry!!

PLEASE let me know if you need anything! A meal, a babysitter, whatever.