Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Thinking Spot

Everyone has a thinking spot where all of their best ideas, conversations, and A-HA moments happen.  Mine happens to be this place...


The Shower.

I can't tell you how many brilliant (?) ideas I've come up with for my classroom, or lessons, in this place.  
Differentiated lessons... came from here.
Behavior plans.... came from here.
All the different things I had to remember about field trips... came from here.
Ideas for campfire day... came from here.


Even this "conversation" I'm having with you... came from here.  (Hey Jess, at least it wasn't to a stuffed animal this time!)
And here's the view I had during that conversation.

Lovely, right? (Well, I did promise you pictures of the newly remodeled bathroom and since that was ages ago, here's the best I've got.)


Someone needs to invent waterproof paper and pencils, so I can jot down my thoughts while I'm showering.  That way, I can get all the ideas, and not have to remember.... because any one of my students will tell you that I am NOT good at remembering all the details of things like brilliant ideas, or promises made.  Call it short-term memory.  (Geez, I'm only 33.... this could get ugly.)


One more picture.  Here is me in my Thinking Spot.  I spared you of having a mental picture of the real deal, and kept my clothes on.  (wink wink)




(Sorry you have to wear sunglasses to see it.  My face is pretty shiny in this picture.  I need one of those fancy-schmancy cameras...)
So, there you have it.  Where is your Thinking Spot?  And what great things have come from it?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I thought for sure you were going to say your spot was the toilet! :) But the shower is good. You should have those tub crayons in there, write on the walls, and then take photos of it. That's how you can remember your thoughts! And who are you kidding, I know you still talk to your animals! ;)

Deb said...

I agree...those tub crayons are your answer! :)