Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

There is a chance that:
*I was a little overwhelmed by motherhood tonight.  
*my son was dragged on the floor because he thought it was funny.
*my daughter said, "Is that ALL that I get?" after buying her a new pair of shoes.
*we fed our children huge soft pretzels and cheese for supper at the mall.
*while were waiting for our dessert, our son pulled a new, clean diaper out of my purse and then wore it as a hat.
*our son had a time-out in Payless because he was throwing shoes.
*our children were crying out, "No!  Mommy!" when I helped put them into the van and walked to the car to drive home by myself- mommy guilt strings pulling, but the thought of alone time for 30 minutes pulled me toward the car.


But, tomorrow is a new day.  And I'm thankful for that.  
I'm thankful we get to be with lots of family who will help entertain my children, and get me balanced back to normal.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love you, sweet friend! I'm thankful to know I'm not the only one who has those kind of moments.

mom said...

Memories!!! :)

Jessica said...

What, Ma Schrag??? Memories? Jody was 100% angel 100% of the time! (:

Oh Joda, I love that you put these vulnerable feelings out for the rest of us to read and think "oh yeah, me too. Been there." We all need those quiet car rides to recharge. You're an awesome mom. And your kids are awesome, too. Every one of those lines made me chuckle!