Saturday, August 27, 2011

This Childs wants to be called, "Grace,"

when she turns 9 years old. 
It's more "grown up."
She is growing up so fast.
I don't remember caring so much about being older when I was her age.  But, she makes deals for her teeth (sometimes with the toothfairy.  But, this weekend it was with her Daddy).
She's outgrown her big girl bike.  Now, she needs a bigger girl bike.  
She tries to be Mommy to her siblings.
She has had more emotional outbursts in the last two months than her whole 7th year.  She definitely gets her feelings hurt faster.
But, she's also such a sweetheart.  
She's sleepier lately- which screams pre-teen to me.
I've had to keep my sarcasm in check lately- especially when I'm grumpy.  I don't want to break her spirit.
Because she's gonna be big someday, and then I'll look back and remember when she made deals with the toothfairy, and outgrew her big girl bike.  And I'll wonder, how did my Grace get so BIG!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm so glad to know that she wants to be called Grace. I'll try to re-train myself. I was her age when I decided I wanted to be called Danielle instead of Dani Sue. So much more grown up. When I turned 40, I decided I wanted to go back to Dani Sue :)