Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's a Jungle in Here

I've never done a jungle theme for my classroom.  But, I decided to do it this year for a few reasons.  

1. I've never done a jungle theme.
2.  This year has the potential to be a rough patch- four identified behavior problems already.  
3. Some of these kiddos had the same theme in their classroom last year and I thought it would be a good transition to see something familiar when they walk into the room on Tuesday night.
4.  It's cute.

I don't know.
See what you think.
I'm not completely done with it- a few more finishing touches with the umbrella, but mostly done.
 job chart
 calendar board
 writing/class behavior/word wall 
 leopard print curtains my mom made
 Daily 5 (reading)
 reading corner hut
 student's view

5 comments:

Megan said...

Cute! I love it. Do you do a different theme every year or will you keep it for a while?

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

It looks great!! It's going to be a great year.

jami said...

Looks great Jody. I know Sidney would be in heaven in that room:)

Danielle said...

Looks awesome!!! It made me cry to see your classroom. I'll have to make a few personal visits :)

Jessica said...

SO cute! You are an awesome teacher!