Sunday, August 7, 2011

12 years

Chad and I got married 12 years ago.
That sounds like a long time.
Chad says he's loved me for all 12.
I have no choice but to believe him.
And I think I got major points this year when I suggested we go see a Royals game for our anniversary.  He set up the whole weekend- which was so awesome.  
This weekend in Missouri, they had a tax free weekend for back to school supplies- including clothes!  So, we left the kids at Nana and Papa's house for the night, and headed to KC in time for lunch at Oklahoma Joe's.  Then, off to shop for the girls.  
 The baseball game itself was so fun to be at.  It feels so American, you know?  Sitting with 25,000 other people, cheering on your team. Our faces were so shiny because of how ridiculously hot it was!  But, so worth it.
On the way home, Chad and I talked about our dreams.
Our dream jobs.
Our dream vacation.


We agreed we might not be together if we were doing our dream jobs since one involves being a pro tennis player, and the other involves marine animals.  Good thing we love the jobs we have now so we can be married for many more years!
 

7 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Anniversary! That sounds like an awesome weekend - tax free shopping and baseball. I love Royals games.

Jessica said...

Are you standing on a chair so both of your heads can be in the photo??? You guys are adorable, love you!

Amy said...

I had to go back and look at the photo after Jessica's comment. I'm curious, too. :) Happy 12 years to you both!!

Mom said...

Jess, maybe it was the same stool they used at the wedding!!!!! I'm assuming Chad's dream was the pro tennis player...sorry I'm laughing!

Chad and Jody said...

No, we were just sitting on the bed in the hotel room. And mom, chad played tennis in high school- so that isn't all too far fetched! :)

Mamma Schrag said...

Well, I'm sure glad he didn't pursue that dream or he would never have met you or his WONDERFUL in-laws! Luv you both and can't believe 12 years have gone by already...AWESOME wedding brings back so many fun memories.

Danielle said...

I'm a little late but Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you're in Newton teaching. That's my dream job for you :)