Monday, August 29, 2011

Riiibbbit!

Frog Jumping Contest Day!
My 7th annual frog jumping contest was last Friday.  This is our winner- he was a BIG one.   
Very slimey.

This is a wild group of kids, but they kept it together WAAYY better than last year's kids.  HUGE surprise!  There weren't any kids that jumped into the arms of on-looking parents.  And, pretty much everyone stayed in their spots.  I was amazed!

If you're familiar with this contest, you'll remember that we draw a circle on the pavement, put the frog in the middle of it, then let it go and it has three jumps before we measure from where it started to the third jump out.  This particular frog took two smaller jumps, then LEAPED over one of my girl student's shoulders and went behind her.  80 inches in three jumps!  Pretty impressive!


I love this day- wild as it usually is.  Or, isn't- like this year! 

5 comments:

Jessica said...

You are so cute!

Danielle said...

You amaze me! There's no way I could touch a frog. I didn't participate in frog day when any of my kids were in 2nd grade.

Amy said...

I missed taking pictures of frog day this year!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I'm with Danielle. There's no way I could touch one.

You're a brave chick.

Momma Amy said...

Ditto how cute you are!!

Frog day = Awesome!
Well behaved kids = Even Awesomer!