Monday, August 15, 2011

The Day Before

Today is the day before I meet my students.

I'm excited.
And, I sort of feel like throwing up.

I'm nervous.
And worried.
And being a nancy about a lot of things right now.

Coworkers either laugh or make an "I'm sorry" face when they see my list.  Of course, we love all of them- the students.  But, they all can't be the perfect little brown-nosers we'd like them to be.


Wish me luck.
Tomorrow is Meet Your Teacher Night.
I have been known to cry on my drive home from MYTN.


Maybe I'll throw up, and then have a great year!

7 comments:

Amy said...

You will be great. I have no doubt. It won't be any worse that years you've had before. Besides... all you need to do is look at Fernando and you will smile. I guarantee it. :)

Chad and Jody said...

Thanks for the pep talk, friend.

Momma Amy said...

You are awesome, so no worries!! If I were to ever send my kids to school, I would want YOU to be there teacher! <>

So, did you cry, throw up, or both?? :)

Momma Amy said...

I don't know why the word "hugs" is not showing up in those brackets? Anyway, sending hugs to you!!

Megan said...

I'm sure it went great! You're an awesome teacher (I have no doubt) so you'll make it a good year regardless of what little treasures show up!

Danielle said...

I'll miss you this year. Amy is right - Fernando will make you smile :)

Momma Amy said...

Oops! "their" teacher. I do know grammar. It's late and I'm stressed. :o