Friday, May 28, 2010

Elated!

I'm in such a good mood!
Nothing can ruin that in this moment.

Not even the fact that when we (meaning the kids and I) went out to eat with a friend they (my kids) were "those kids" in the restaurant who: whined, cried, screamed, got up from their seats to sit in an area that you're not supposed to sit on).

Not even the fact that we had such a great time on the slip-n-slide until Jada lost count of how many times she went and then got mad when I told her she had two more times to go, to which she screamed and yelled and had to go inside.

I am ELATED because I just got to do something I haven't been brave enough to do in many months, until 10 minutes ago.  I... took.. a... shower... while... Trey... was... AWAKE!  And it worked!  Besides the pile of about 25 q-tips on the floor- nothing bad was ingested, broken, ripped, or put down the toilet.  If you think this seems like no big deal- you don't know my son.  

I say that as he's walking over and giving Jada a big hug. Ah...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for showers! :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

The breeze smells nicer...