Friday, February 26, 2010

I wonder...



So, I'm standing in the women's bathroom today and someone
I barely know asked me how old my youngest child is.  After I replied,
with a smile on my face, "10 months," she looked me up
and down and said, "looking pretty good!"

Made me wonder- when did it become ok for
people (women in general) to say things about
your appearance after having a baby.

I wonder what this 40 year old woman would have said if I asked her,
"How old is your youngest?"  and after she told me, I looked
her up and down and said, "looking good!"

How long after you have kids is long enough to stop
commenting on what other women look like?
seriously.

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ohmyword, people are so rude.

I went back to work when Drew was 4 months old and a lady that worked there said, "Don't worry. That baby weight will come off eventually." !!! I thought I looked really good!