Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Boo.

Recent events have me thinking about Chad.
What would I do without him?
Could I do it without him?
I can't imagine what my friend, Traci, is going through.
As I was sitting there at the funeral, I started thinking
about what she might miss about Josh.  Being held by
him, just talking with him, getting cute texts from him.
Then, my thoughts went to Chad.  I would miss
being held by him, just talking with him, getting
cute texts from him.  Even though I get
annoyed with it, I would miss him asking me to
rub his head or back before he goes to bed.  I
would miss the way he jokes around with the girls
when they are already on the verge of a tantrum.
I would miss the quirky songs he makes up about
his white-t, or buckling his seatbelt.  I hate how
something so awful like a friend losing her husband
makes me wonder about what it would be like to
lose mine.  I honestly can't imagine it.  So my goal
is to appreciate him more.  Talk with him more. I guess
it's good timing with Valentines day- but that's supposed
to be more about me, right?
 
my boo

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

This is one of my biggest fears in life, losing my husband.

I don't know Traci but I've been praying for her.