Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year. New Me.

I've heard that saying so many places this New Year already!  

I'm ready for that.
New year.
New me.

I've changed a lot this year.
Might be all the changes we've had.

Might be all in the greater part of life called "growing up."

Either way, I'm not comfortable anymore.
I don't have the answers I'm looking for.

But some things are clear for me:
1.  I have a new favorite kind of music.  And his name is Phillip Phillips. His music makes my heart feel the same way Sarah McLachlan, Jason Mraz, and John Mayer's music does.

Free.   
And happy.

 So, if you're looking for me, I'm listening to my favorite Pandora station:  Phillip Phillips.
 
2.  I finally found my "style" of decorating and I think now that I own a sewing machine I might finally be able to get closer to that style in my own house.  I can not wait for my annual antiquing day with my mom this year because I have a few things in mind I'm looking for:  an old ladder, more burlap, and wooden letters that I can spray paint.

3. We are getting ready for a major shift in life.  I can't talk about it on here, but just wait...  I'm putting my trust in God- trying to be real with him.  I've been discussing how I might be worried/scared/excited/nonchalant/too laid back about it, but I will trust Him to take care of us.  God is good.  He knows this isn't the end of the world for us.  He knows that our marriage/family will become stronger because of this.  He's got the bigger picture in mind for us, and someday we will look back at all the stress we're going through now, and know why.

4.  I highlighted my hair again.  I'm blonde again.  I feel like myself when I'm blonde.  You can take that any way you want.  But, I was meant to be blonde.  :)

Hopefully 2013 will show me what the "new me" is.  Teaching is getting harder.  Parenting gets trickier the older they get.  But, we're blessed.  And I'm going with that. 
         

3 comments:

jami said...

Awesome post. I want to have a "New Year. New Me too"

Megan said...

Love this post. :) I can't wait to see (read) what big changes are in for your family this year.

Mom said...

Love this post! Our God is an Awesome God. He has GREAT things in store for your family and Dad and I will be there to ride it out with you!