Saturday, January 26, 2013

bunting

Pinterest just might be what I've been waiting for all these years.  Ever since becoming a mom, I've often wondered what it is that my kids would say I "do" for fun.  In fact, I had to laugh at a recent Jada quote- after doing something apparently hilarious, Jada laughs and says, "Mom, you're ACTUALLY getting funny!"  

Wow.
What a Debbie Downer I must be all the time.
Sad.

So, back to Pinterest.
I've talked about it here on the blog before.
I just can't get enough of it.
I'm really just not creative.
But, Pinterest helps me.

So, I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas.
I bet you won't believe my next line-
I got a sewing machine for Christmas.
I got right to work on something I've seen all over the web for years and have wished I was creative enough to make it.  

Bunting.

I bought fabric that would match both the kitchen AND my bedroom- mostly because if this little project didn't work out, I could hide my limited "talent" in my bedroom and still be pretty proud of myself.
 I had no pattern.
Just cut the size I wanted and started sewing.
 At this point I thought, should I attempt some lace?
So, I did.
And I love it, but don't look too closely.
It doesn't lay down like I wanted it to.


  Yes, the bird cages (my favorite) are indeed upside down.
Good thing I'm not making someone pay me for this little project. 
Oh well.
My first sewing project (outside of the "gym bag" I made in middle school).  
   Oh, and in case you're wondering.... I put it up in the kitchen.
(enter smiley face) 

          

5 comments:

Amy said...

Cute! The upside down bird cages just give it character. And Jada's wrong... you've always been funny. She's just too young to enjoy your saracastic sense of humor. She would change her mind if she sat by you in a staff meeting sometime. :)

Mom said...

And you did it all without even calling ME!! So proud of this first sewing project....I LOVE IT!! Hmmmm, what's next?

Jessica said...

You're the next Linda!!! And by the way, is that a little bowl of ice cream I see sitting behind the sewing machine???? MMMMM!

Danielle said...

LOVE IT!!! I'm with Amy, I think you're adorably funny :)

Anonymous said...

I think you're funny too (haha funny, not peculiar funny), AND I think you're creative as well!!! (p.s. when my kids tell me I'm funny, I always ask them if they mean haha funny or peculiar funny and then I quickly say . . .never mind, I don't want to know).