Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 2 of Christmas vacay

Day one of Christmas vacation was filled with kids fighting, and a grumpy mommy.  

So, I'm fast forwarding this blog post to day two of Christmas vacation.  IT was filled with crafts, quietness, and game playing.  Ahhh.... now THIS is what I love about time off from work!
 The day before I had decided we needed craft supplies, so with the craft sticks I bought, Jada and Gracie made people- a whole family.  They even named each one.

 Sophie even made her own project, which I put up on my kid wall in my bedroom.
 This monster was so quiet after he painted his own black artwork.  I didn't even realize he was sitting across from me at the table reading books.  

 I even made my own Christmas project- it's a present for someone special.  :)  It came from Pinterest and turned out great for something that only took me about an hour to make. (I put scrapbook paper into the shredder for long strips.  Then, I glued each strip one by one and cut them to the right length.  After I got the tree done, I put the red paper zigzagging up the tree.)  It was a fun project to make.
 Tonight we are in for a night of Just Dance 4, ordering pizza, and spending time together!  After the events of December14th in Connecticut, I'm having second thoughts about going anywhere- I just want to spend time with the people that matter the most.

No comments: