Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Christmas Surprise!

Sophie has been waiting and waiting for some packages to arrive.  I wish I would have taken pictures of these ginormous boxes that came full of things for her.... and for Chad and me! 

She said her friends sent presents- I can't wait to see what they are on Christmas when she opens them!  I also saw that AFTER the boxes arrived, more presents appeared under the tree!

The box that came for Chad and I had a Christmas Pyramid in it.  Have you seen them before?
The more people I tell about it (or Facebook about it), the more people I know who has one.
    With the candles lit, it was hard to get a good picture of it.  But, the propellor at the top spins when you light the candles.  The middle and bottom section moves around and they have nativity pieces in them.  

I don't know if my grandparents had one or not.  And if so, I wonder if that was the connection to why I was so weepy last night.  I just couldn't get enough of this Christmas Pyramid.  I kept looking at it, and the more I looked it, the weepier I got.  It's just so beautiful.  And I've been missing my grandparents (all of them) a LOT lately.  I've been thinking about them so much, and wanting to find time to go visit them.  

This was the perfect gift for us.  Thank you so much, Thomas and Alexandra, for sending this from Germany!  It touched my heart deeply.

No comments: