Thursday, December 29, 2011

ice princess

This is a post about an 8 year old girl 
who wanted ice skates for Christmas.

You might be asking yourself, 
"What would an 8 year old girl,
who lives in Kansas, need
ice skates for?"

Well, I have a better question for you.
What happens when Santa doesn't bring you
ice skates for Christmas- even though
that's what you asked for?

And here's your answer:
Your Mom takes you on a
Gracie/Mommy date to Ice Sports in Wichita.

 If there was any doubt in my mind
that she would not enjoy this "date,"
(which I assure you- I knew there wouldn't
be any way she'd NOT like this!)
it all faded away as we were standing
in line to pay and hear Gracie whisper 
under her breath,
"This is a DREAM COME TRUE!"
How precious is that?

She did so well on the ice.
I told her that when I lived in MN,
Jess and I used to practically live at 
the ice rink and warming shack all winter.
(swwaammmy- right, Jess?)
She couldn't believe it!
I have to admit- it made me wish
I knew where my own white ice skates are.
Those rental ones hurt!

Tuesdays and Thursdays are $2 days.
Such cheap entertainment!
And boy, was it entertaining.
When Chad, Jada, and Trey picked
us up, he asked Gracie if she fell at all.
Her response was so tween-y~
"Everyone falls, Dad."

We might not have been the best skaters there-
and there are at least 3 people that can 
prove that- we saw Newton/Hutch people there-
but we had a wonderful bonding experience!




3 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like fun! And (I say this because I hear it all the time about me and my mom)... Gracie looks just like you - completely adorable. :)

Jessica said...

Oh the memories!! I almost got to the Olympics practicing at that rink! (; What an awesome date! Her glasses still make me chuckle-so fashionable!

Mom said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!! Brings back so many Minnesota memories of both you and Troy on the ice rink at the park. Luv this....Luv you!