Thursday, January 20, 2011

ICE DAY!

We could have had a snow day when it actually snowed- a little over a week ago.  But, we didn't.  We trudged through the snow and watched inch after inch come down while we had campfire day at school.

BUT, today.
Today we got a "Snow" day because of ice.
Ice that was melted off the streets by noon.  

HA!  

This morning the girls "dressed up."
The outfits were... er... interesting.
Tanks tops on the top,
with a scarf around the neck.
One with a tutu, the other with a
see-through skirt.  
Both with boots that went up to their knees.


I sort of wished I had the courage to take
them out.  Just for the pure pleasure of
seeing the faces of other peoples' surprise!



It's been a good day.
Just the "ice day" (snicker) that I needed.



2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your ice day. You deserve it!

Any pics of the girls? One of my favorite quotes from a more experienced mom "we're inside the cup people, not outside the cup". I try to remind myself this all the time. It's way more important to make sure the good stuff is going on inside our kiddos rather than being focused on the outside.

Mom said...

Where are the pictures?????

Love Danielle's quote!