Tuesday, January 25, 2011

hmm... little girls

Sitting in myclassroom.
Watching 7-8 year olds play inside recess.
Are some kids wired to be nice?
Are some kids wired to be mean?
What is the exact age that girls start
to be caddy to each other? 

I really do have a nice class.
They have been getting along all year now.
But, lately, I'm seeing relationships
change. 

Friendships that were so close before...
are starting to diminish.
Good for some.
Not so good for others.

New friendships are forming.
Again, good for some.
Not so good for others.

I don't want to hurt a reputation of
anyone in my class, but knowing
what I know at 33 about how girls
can be... I just want to scream,
"Get out of that friendship now,
while you're still nice!" 

I've struggled with this with Gracie
for a few years.  She's a magnet
to little girls who are needy, cryers,
hurting inside. 

However, this year, she's made a really
sweet friend who has turned into a
BEST FRIEND.  And for Gracie,
it's wonderful!  They are stuck like glue!
And her parents are GOOD PEOPLE.
I'm so happy for her.  I hope this good
friendships continues.  If not for her,
than for me!  (just kidding... kind of)

5 comments:

Amy said...

You are making me concerned...

Chad and Jody said...

Just interesting how a few girls can get so jealous of new friendships that they treat others badly. If you want names, come see me. (since you daughter is in this class and all...) :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I don't know if you remember but my daughter went through that when several girls turned on her and were nasty all of a sudden. Ugh!

As a parent it's awful to watch. But I do think it made her learn a lot and be more prepared for older years.

Mom said...

HMMMM...brings back alot of memories at two different ages!! Agree with Beki! And my beautiful daughter turned out to be The Rose whose blooms are more brighter and more beautiful as each year goes by.

Chad and Jody said...

aww.... thanks everyone! Mom, you're the best.