Monday, January 3, 2011

Awesome Parent Award

My day:
*woke up to someone poking me because I slept in
*got ready
*got kids ready
*took Gracie to daycamp at the rec center
*texted Danielle to see if Abi was going
(mostly because of Gracie's nervous look)
*got a text saying that Abi was going
*felt relieved that Gracie would know someone at daycamp today

*did a bunch of "stuff" at work
*blah, blah, blah
(fast forward to after 3 p.m.)

*picked Gracie up from daycamp 
*went to the outlet mall to get her P.E. shoes
(yes, Mr. Brown, we are FINALLY buying her real p.e. shoes.  You're welcome.)
*in the middle of trying on shoes, I get a call
*as I look at who is calling me I gasp, grab Gracie, run out of the shoe store, and book it to...
PRESCHOOL... where I forgot Jada.
*30 minutes late.  Again.  (Yep, you read it right.  This wasn't the first time. dang.)
*I texted Amy Asher to let her know I got the Awesome Parent Award.... she told me she owns it.  OWNS IT!  Well, she was nice enough to loan it to me today.
Poor Jada.  
Middle child.
Will this be how it is with her?
I hope not.
I can not get it in my brain that she's in school.
Well... preschool.
But, school.
Right?

So, that's how I started my day.
How did it end, you ask?
*Bathing children.
*Reading books to Trey.
*Then, he put his bottom in my face as he fell asleep.
*He loves me.
Maybe tomorrow I will get to give my award back to Amy.  I'm going to be more awesomer as a parent.  This New Year of 2011, I will not make a resolution, but instead, try to remember where my children are during the day.  
By the way, if you did not receive a Christmas card from us, it's not your fault.  It's because I can't get a certain store (ahem.. Walgreens) to print off more cards.  They can't tell me why.  It's the just the way it is. I gave them the awesomest store award.  Anyway, we love you all.  Here is the picture that's on our card.  
Happy New Year!  It's gonna be a good one!





5 comments:

Jessica said...

That is a really great shot of you all! Did she use the green background so she can add whatever background she wants in the printed photos? You are an awesome mom, Joda. Don't fret. The proof is in the pudding and you have 3 pretty great kids!

Chad and Jody said...

Yep, she did all the backgrounds with the green backdrop. I picked a few backgrounds and she put it on some of them. She even put some in black and white.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

You are too stinking funny!

Danielle said...

Not only are you an awesome mom, you're an incredible teacher! I was just listening to Abi play school and commented about how I love listening to her play this year. She's so sweet and patient with her "students". I can tell that's what she gets at school. Thank you for being an awesome daytime "mom" to my baby :)

Keep up the good work mommy!!!

Deb said...

Cool family picture!