Thursday, March 18, 2010

zoo

It was supposed to be a family day.
However, when all the family is on spring break,
and there are projects to do (finish the bathroom),
we tend to lazily go through our morning, working
on this or that (I promise, pictures to come!), and
pretty soon it's noon and we haven't done what
we planned on doing in the first place- going to the
zoo.
You know, there ARE important things going on,
on t.v. like.... MARCH MADNESS!  that started
at 11 a.m.
But, truth be told, Trey has been feeling yucky, and
so he wasn't allowed to go out of the house, except
for his doctor appointment.
So we had a girls day out- 3 1/2 hours at the zoo!

There's nothing like Sno Cones on a mildly chilly afternoon...
(I wish that guy's head wasn't in my picture.  But, he was tall!)

And, rhinos...
And, baby giraffes...

There were a million, a jillion people there.  By the time we stood in line to get into the zoo, and then stood in line to get our lunch and eat, we had been there an hour and a half already!  I didn't bring in the stroller, so for the first time they both had to walk the whole way.  Good thing our zoo has a train! Say cheese!
We saw a few more animals, rode the train one more time, and ended up at the park by the gorillas.  
Gracie thought it was ridiculous that I made her go to the bathroom with Jada and I.  
I thought it was good Mommy thinking on my part.  
I don't regret it.
"Mom, no one is going to take me!"  
They were posing so well for pictures at the park, I couldn't stop
taking them.  I love my girls.


And my all time favorite picture of the day was this next one.
I didn't even know she made this face until we were home
and I saw it on the computer.

Thanks for a relaxing day, girls!

No comments: