Wednesday, March 24, 2010

the bigger person

I stuck up for myself, 
and I stuck up for a friend.
I'm FAR from perfect, 
but today I was proud of myself!

Galatians 5:22-26 says:
"God's Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and self-controlled.  There is no law against behaving in any of these ways.  And because we belong to Christ Jesus, we have killed our selfish feelings and desires.  God's Spirit has given us life, and so we should follow the Spirit.  But don't be conceited or make others jealous by claiming to be better than they are.

So, I'm not boasting or saying I'm
better than others, but I'm proud that
I was gentle, and kind, and tried
to be a peacemaker.  I hope I 
showed God's love somehow today. 

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Good for you! That is not easy.

And it's even tougher to do it with grace. God bless you!