Thursday, November 29, 2012

Isn't it December yet?

I usually LOVE November.  
and this year, I liked it.
alot.  
But, for some reason I'm ready for December.

It might be the Christmas tree that's been decorated now for a week. Thanks to family coming in for the Thanksgiving weekend, we got to have Christmas early.

17 people in one house for 4 days.
Every one with a bed.
So thankful for that!

Chad's family kept giving me looks like they were trying to figure out if I was ok or not.  Apparently most people wouldn't like 17 people in their house for 4 days.  And then 5 of them stayed for a week.  
I was fine.
I'm a cleaning freak when it's my house. 
I don't want people to think it's messy or dirty.
So, I pick up all the time while people are still here.
Maybe that threw them off.

At any rate, Thanksgiving was awesome.
And now I'm ready for December.

At school we're learning about being "rich" in character and what that means.  I've given my students' parents two assignments/homework now (well, they won't actually know this until tomorrow), and am hoping I still get help for the Christmas partyWe'll see how annoyed they are with me.  But, I want to teach the kids about being thoughtful and kind.  I want to teach them about doing random acts of kindness- not for the attention of it, but just to do it out of the kindness of your heart.  (anyone thinking of how the Grinch's heart grew 3 times it's size at this point?)  

You know, I say I'm ready for Christmas.... 
but more than that, I'm ready for snow. 
It's supposed to be 70 degrees by Sunday.
Kansas, sometimes you annoy me.          

No comments: