Thursday, November 8, 2012

Home Sweet Home

When you think of "HOME" what do you think of?

Your childhood?
Your children now?

I've been thinking a lot lately about how much I miss my childhood home.  Just the things we had, and did.  The way my mom decorated for Christmas.  The "homey" feeling when I go to my mom's house.  

I know 35 years old isn't that old in the scheme of life.  But, lately I'm not having "homey" feelings about getting older.  

Getting older= wrinkles- which I am starting to see.  Ok, maybe not terribly noticeable wrinklesBut, they are starting.  And the lose skin on my face?  Yep, that's happening.  

I get it.  I'm probably exaggerating, but it's hard getting older when "things" start changing. 

Jada turns 7 years old in two days.  

Seven.

These are birthday treats for her class.  
 I will celebrate her birthday.
Reluctantly.  
Because I want her to be that little girl still who carries around purses and wears only dresses.

Recently I told a friend that I cry on my children's birthdays.  They grow up too fast.  And now it seems like I feel the same way about myself.  

I love my own home.
I love my family.
But, I wish I could go back in time for a day.  
Back to Buhler where I grew up.  And spend a day watching myself as a 7 year old.  I think I would see a lot of similarities with myself back then and Jada now. 

I don't want to grow up.  
I want to look like I'm 30 forever. 

      
      

2 comments:

Mom said...

You would see alot of similarities with Jada at 7 years old. I can't believe she's 7 years old!! I can't believe my grandkids are the ages they are....or the age that I am...61 closing on 62!! I would like to go back to my childhood, as well, for a week...before age 8! You are beautiful...quit worrying about your loose skin! When you get to be my age, you realize how silly it was to worry about aging. Celebrate each age knowing that was a gift from God. Consentrate on being the best you can, with what God has given you and leave the worry on aging behind! It will only create more frown lines! I see the beauty both inside and out. Also I luv Jada's bday treats....you rock healthy mom!! Luv you

Danielle said...

I'm right there with you, sista! It's hard growing up but I sure am thankful for all the wisdom I'm gaining. And the friends I have ;)